Bunfest 2011

I went to Bunfest 2011 today!  Last year, it was held in a community centre in Mississauga, and we got there late so there weren't a lot of visitors around.  This year, it was at the Bob Rumball Centre in Toronto, a lot closer to home!  We had originally wanted to go at 11AM right when it starts, but I had to work last minute and Kel had picked up a project, so instead I went after work instead.  When I got there, there were still lots of people and lots of bunnies!  After paying for admission, I was met with a bun on a harness with his owner hopping up the stairs!  What a way to start my Bunfest 2011 visit!  Everywhere around, there were bunnies in their carrier bags, bunnies stretching out in the bunny lounge, and bunnies in their playpen waiting to be adopted.  I even saw a bunny riding around in a wagon!


In one of the playpens, I met Pika, a Flemish Giant!  She weighed in at 15lbs and was absolutely adorable.  Her owner showed us how much she loves butt rubs and would return the favour with kisses!  Her owner told us she loves running around the house and is never too shy to show it.  With her size, she's anything but quiet! Makes me wonder how high her binkies get!  When her owner picked her up, she was easily longer than his torso, and he's not a small guy!


Bunfest 2011 turned into a shopping spree for all things Kingsley.  I brought home two 2lb bags of fresh hay, some willow tree leaves and twigs, various treats for our lovable boy, and a willow tunnel, ball, and an "In case of emergency, please rescue our bunnies" decal!

Below, you can see Kingsley playing with his new willow ball.

1 comment:

  1. I WAS THINKING ABOUT GOING TO BUNFEST THIS MAKES IT SOUND LIKE A GOOD IDEA :)

    ReplyDelete