Sears Customer Service - Part 2

We didn't end up getting the same color dryer we wanted, but at least we got the same model we had previously ordered and for the same outlet price.  However, Vicky, the customer service rep was able to get us the better deal in that we now have a 1 year warranty on the dryer versus the previous "as-is" sale.  Our dryer is now scheduled to arrive on October 31st.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it does arrive as planned, and the credits on the billing goes through correctly.

-----------------------------------------------

From: webmaster@sears.ca
Sent: October 21, 2009 3:41:25 PM
To: me
Subject: CASE: 1558188 Vicky / Order Issues: I just want my dryer!

Hello Ms. Chu,

Thank you very much for your email to Sears.ca and for taking my several calls this afternoon.

I wish to confirm that we have ordered a replacement front load dryer in the item number described in your last email. We tried to order the blue model and it was no longer available. We are sorry for this problem.

In any event, the pricing on the item ordered today was $699.00, and we note that your sales receipt from June showed a special price of $399.00. When I spoke with you today we discussed me crediting the entire order made today, and leaving the June charge in place. On reflection, this does not give you the best result. The dryer you purchased in June was an outlet item and would have been "as is". The item I have ordered for you today will have a full one year warranty commencing from the date of delivery.

As a result, it is better for you if I credit the June 2009 order in total, and then apply a credit to today’s order to reduce the price, delivery, and taxes to the amount you paid in June.

Thus you will, after October 31, 2009, see two credits on your Sears account rather than one. This involves a little more paperwork, but preserves your warranty.

I hope that this is satisfactory for you and we do apologize for this error and for the lack of your preferred colour at this time.

Thank you for working with me on this matter.

Regards,

Vicky
Sears Corporate Customer Service

No comments:

Post a Comment