Cool lighting from abroad

While in Asia, we noticed quite a few unique lighting options, so I took a couple down to share with our fellow bloggers.

These two below, we spotted at a cafe out at Admiralty.  They both have a different uniqueness to them and I would've loved to bring them home, but we're lacking the tall ceilings and the general space to house them!

At a store, we spotted this cute cartoony lime green lamp, where the frame is the skeleton drawing of a floor lamp with a dangling light bulb!  We thought he looked cool, but would be hard to pull off that look.  I'd take a closer picture, but apparently at most of these places, photos are forbidden so I had to sneak them in where I can.

And here, we have a pic of a number of pendant lights.  Kel liked a particular one, but this is the best I could do without getting spotted with a camera.  Can you guess which one he likes? :)

Below is the lighting installation they have at a mall.  We really like the effect they have going with the beveled ceiling for each one.  I wonder how often they change their ceiling fixtures?

And below, we have a giant desk lamp!  We REALLY liked him!  It adds quite an interesting touch to a room.  I couldn't get a picture of him that would do him justice, so I googled him when I got home and found this picture.  Apparently, Roald Dahl had a smaller version of him and would write all his novels (James and the Giant Peach, Matilda, etc) under this giant desk lamp!  The original one is now at the Roald Dahl museum.  The twin, which was used in the movie "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", was auctioned off.  And now they produce this bigger version for the public.  We'd bring one home, but its major $$$$!

And I'll end this post with these cute little porcupines!  I know, I know.. they're not lights at all, but we found them super cute!  The little one is a door stopper, and.. I can't rmb what the bigger one was, but I couldn't stop petting them!

2 comments:

  1. The porcupines are cute, and you found lots of great light fixtures :-) I especially like the second one you posted, the sort of bubbly-spiraly one. No idea which one is Kel's favourite -- maybe the white one in the center & bottom of the picture??

    Nope, don't have to trim the bad hair day plant :-) The longer he grows, the better!!

    A really good plant for shady areas is a hosta.
    Hostas come in lots of different shades of green and with different leaf shapes. You don't have to do anything to them except trim off the dead leaves in the fall or spring, and then let them do their thing!! Impatiens are good for shade, and I think begonias and geraniums like shade too. Hope that helps!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip about the bad hair day plant at Lowes :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete