The Bento Box Challenge!

Last month, our group at work decided to do a bento box challenge.  For those of you unfamiliar with the term, "bento box" is simply the Japanese way of referring to a lunch box.  However, some parents use creative ways to make their kids' lunch box look cute and fun, thereby making them want to eat it more.  These bento boxes would often resemble their kids' favourite characters among other things.  For more examples, Google "creative bento" for images and you'll see what I mean.

So on with the challenge.  I must say I've never been the crafty one and this once again proves it!  I envisioned much more, but did not have the real estate in my box to create them and so I'm now left with a lot of random ingredients in our fridge...  In my mind I was going to create Snoopy lying on his doghouse with Charlie Brown sitting next to it.  Of course, I ended up not having room for Charlie, and even Snoopy was quite small.  As I started my creation quite late on Sunday night, I decided to do what I could and hit the sack.

My creation:


My coworkers did well though.  Even though some started late as well, they proved to be a lot craftier than myself.  Below are their creations!

Left: Piggy and his friends!
Right:  Panda, Penguin, and Ninja!



Left: Another Snoopy
Right: Angry Birds!

More pandas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment